Aerospace, Defence, Construction and UK Gov – Strategic Supplier Management Process
Designing new ways to improve supply chain management, increase supplier effectiveness, performance and relationship management.
What was involved?
Designed and co-created the Strategic Supplier Management Process and associated Relationship Management Behaviours Matrix for implementing more effective Supply Chain Management and supplier engagement with Continuous Improvement Programmes.
- Underpinned the new Market Driven Pricing strategy implementation across the commercial aerospace supply chain, ensuring Prime Contractor profit and loss was not negatively impacted by disconnected supplier pricing strategies.
- Enabling the design, development and implementation of Supplier Improvement Programmes that initiated training modules, joint working teams and contractual changes, to more fully reflect the end customer (airline) marketplace dynamics.
- Subsequently implemented across all Divisions of BAE Systems as ‘Best Practice’
- Adopted by SBAC (Society of British Aerospace Companies) as international best practice across the aerospace industry and renamed SCRIA (Supply Chain Relationships In Action).
- Later applied across construction industries, UK Government Strategic Procurement Offices and Government Agencies such as CJIT, as international best practice in supplier performance improvement and cost reduction, throughout the public sector.
What the client said…
“Nick has displayed his skills in managing change within organisations and clearly creates an environment whereby change occurs more readily, using a creative blend of behavioural competencies that underpin relationship management and applied process thinking, within the context of an appropriate business operating model.”
Paul Crolla, Group Commercial Director, BAE Systems